This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH][gdb, c++] Improve error message when using libstdcxx without SDT probes
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Tom de Vries <tdevries at suse dot de>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:00:02 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gdb, c++] Improve error message when using libstdcxx without SDT probes
- References: <20190725210447.GA26123@delia>
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom de Vries <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Tom> When using catch catch/rethrow/catch, a libstdcxx with SDT probes is required
Tom> for both the regexp argument, and the convenience variable $_exception (
Tom> https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Set-Catchpoints.html ).
Tom> + if (pc_probe.prob == NULL)
Tom> + error (_("did not find exception probe (does libstdcxx have SDT probes?)"));
I think it's more normal to start an error with a capital letter.
Also I'd suggest writing "libstdc++" here.
Ok with those changes.