This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/4] Fewer calls to "open" when stepping
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 17:56:42 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] Fewer calls to "open" when stepping
- References: <email@example.com>
> From: Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 07:34:19 -0600
> A user noticed that gdb calls open very many times while stepping.
> This series improves gdb's behavior by changing the source cache to
> also cache un-highlighted text, and to track the "line_charpos" data
> that is currently put into the symtab. It also includes a patch to
> fix an apparently longstanding logic bug in the source file error
> Tested on x86-64 Fedora 29.
IMO, it should be tested on MS-Windows as well, since there's a
complex relationship there between lseek and fstat (and offsets into
the file in general), due to the CRLF EOL format.