This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Oh dear. I regret to inform you that commit 236ab0c60c9cedecd4fc23b526a588ee25636c13 might be unfortunate
- From: gdb-buildbot at sergiodj dot net
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Barnaby Wilks <barnaby dot wilks at arm dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 09:34:33 -0400
- Subject: Oh dear. I regret to inform you that commit 236ab0c60c9cedecd4fc23b526a588ee25636c13 might be unfortunate
My lords, ladies, gentlemen, members of the public.
It is a matter of great regret and sadness to inform you that commit:
This patch addresses the change in the June Armv8.1-M Mainline specification, that marks certain MVE instructions as no longer UNPREDICTABLE when a source operand is the same as a destination operand for a 32-bit element size.
might have made GDB unwell. Since I am just your Butler BuildBot,
I kindly ask that a human superior officer double-check this.
Please note that if you are reading this message on gdb-patches, there might
be other builders broken.
You can find more details about the unfortunate breakage in the next messages.
Your GDB BuildBot.