This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/4] Change SYMBOL_VALUE_ADDRESS to be an lvalue
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 19:17:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] Change SYMBOL_VALUE_ADDRESS to be an lvalue
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.polymtl.ca x6KNHOqh010381
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2019-06-27 10:52, Tom Tromey wrote:
This changes SYMBOL_VALUE_ADDRESS to be an lvalue. The symbol readers
generally assign using this, so this also introduces
SET_SYMBOL_VALUE_ADDRESS and updates the readers. Making this change
is useful in a subsequent patch, which redefined SYMBOL_VALUE_ADDRESS.
Is the title (and commit message) backwards? SYMBOL_VALUE_ADDRESS(x) is
currently an lvalue, and you are making it a not-lvalue, no?