This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH] new-ui command under windows using NamedPipe
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: LABARTHE Guillaume <guillaume dot labarthe at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 09:54:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] new-ui command under windows using NamedPipe
- References: <CAE8umTY7-xAwTgxBrF1kVMFHURhLqbX84rPYb8=Wtw6=ve+9fQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20190719085035.GX23204@embecosm.com>
On 7/19/19 9:50 AM, Andrew Burgess wrote:
>> I tried it on GNU/Linux and things still work.
>> I ran all the MI tests with forced new-ui, with:
>> $ make check TESTS="gdb.mi/*.exp" RUNTESTFLAGS="FORCE_MI_SEPARATE_UI=1"
>> and saw no regressions.
> Are all of these special flags for testing documented anywhere? Every
> now and then someone will mention some new flag that I've never seen
> before and I always think that one day it might be helpful...
Yes, in gdb/testsuite/README:
Setting FORCE_MI_SEPARATE_UI to 1 forces all MI testing to start GDB
in console mode, with MI running on a separate TTY, on a secondary UI
started with "new-ui".