This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] adjust src-release following the renaming of gdb/common/ to gdb/gdbsupport/
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org,Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>,Tom Tromey <tromey at adacore dot com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 07:45:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFA] adjust src-release following the renaming of gdb/common/ to gdb/gdbsupport/
- References: <email@example.com>
On July 13, 2019 1:12:56 AM GMT+02:00, Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>A recent change renamed the common/ directory into gdbsupport/ in gdb.
>This causes problems in the getver function in the src-release script
>which doesn't find the create-version.sh script anymore. As a result,
>it falls back on using the version.in file verbatim, meaning that
>the "DATE" placeholder doesn't get replaced with the snapshot date,
>and the "-git" suffix doesn't get stripped. More precisely, we get
>snapshots called "gdb-8.3.50-DATE-git.tar" instead of (e.g.)
>For those who have been getting snapshots from sourceware, this is also
>why recent snapshots are missing.
>This commit fixes the issue by adding support for this situation.
>I left the support for $tool/common/create-version.sh, because
>the sim still uses that directory structure.
> * src-release (getver): If $tool/gdbsupport/create-version.sh
> exists, use that to determine the version number.
>Tested on x86_64-linux, by running the src-release script with "gdb"
>as the argument, and verifying that the name of the tarball is now
>OK to push?