This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Make first and last lines of 'command help documentation' consistent.
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Philippe Waroquiers <philippe dot waroquiers at skynet dot be>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 15:18:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Make first and last lines of 'command help documentation' consistent.
- References: <email@example.com>
On 6/16/19 8:58 PM, Philippe Waroquiers wrote:
> add_cmd ("substitute-path", class_files, set_substitute_path_command,
> +Add a substitution rule to rewrite source files names directories.\n\
"files names directories" reads a bit ood, seems like a plural too many
Maybe you're missing a possessive apostrophe, like:
Add a substitution rule to rewrite source files names' directories.
> Usage: set substitute-path FROM TO\n\
> Add a substitution rule replacing FROM into TO in source file names.\n\
This sentence here looks a little redundant now.
> If a substitution rule was previously set for FROM, the old rule\n\
> @@ -1938,6 +1939,7 @@ is replaced by the new one."),
> add_cmd ("substitute-path", class_files, unset_substitute_path_command,
> +Delete one or all substitution rules rewriting source files names directories.\n\
> Usage: unset substitute-path [FROM]\n\