This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Make first and last lines of 'command help documentation' consistent.
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Philippe Waroquiers <philippe dot waroquiers at skynet dot be>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:22:54 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Make first and last lines of 'command help documentation' consistent.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Philippe" == Philippe Waroquiers <email@example.com> writes:
>> I think this can't be an assertion, because user commands could hit it,
>> and that seems too harsh; but could it be a unit test? That might be
>> better than printing something magic, especially since IIUC the user can
>> end up seeing this stuff.
Philippe> Effectively, the user can end up seeing this, but only if the GDB test
Philippe> was not run and/or was not fixed.
Or if there is any command written in Python or Guile that has a newline
at the end of its help text. These commands can be supplied any number