This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't include gdbarch.h from defs.h
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 15:12:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't include gdbarch.h from defs.h
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.polymtl.ca x6AJCAvv026955
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2019-06-14 17:10, Tom Tromey wrote:
I touched symtab.h and was surprised to see how many files were
rebuilt. I looked into it a bit, and found that defs.h includes
gdbarch.h, which in turn includes many things.
gdbarch.h is only needed by a minority ofthe files in gdb, so this
patch removes the include from defs.h and updates the fallout.
I did "wc -l" on the files in build/gdb/.deps; this patch reduces the
line count from 139935 to 137030; so there are definitely future
build-time savings here.
Note that while I configured with --enable-targets=all, it's possible
that some *-nat.c file needs an update. I could not test all of
these. The buildbot caught a few problems along these lines.
Thanks, I think this makes sense.