This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[RFAv3 0/3] Convenience functions $_gdb_setting/$_gdb_int_setting
- From: Philippe Waroquiers <philippe dot waroquiers at skynet dot be>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 12:49:44 +0200
- Subject: [RFAv3 0/3] Convenience functions $_gdb_setting/$_gdb_int_setting
As part of the discussion of 'show | set may-call-functions [on|off]',
Eli suggested to have a way to access the GDB settings from
user defined commands.
So, this patch series implements this.
2 functions are provided:
* $_gdb_setting that gives access to all settings, giving back a string value.
* $_gdb_int_setting, giving access to boolean, auto-boolean and integers.
This is easier to use for such types than the string version.
This is v3.
Compared to v1, it rebases to a recent master, and handles the comments
of Eli about the documentation.
(there was in fact no changes between v2 and v1, because I forgot to
commit the changes before sending the RFAv2 mail).