This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
PING Re: [RFAv2 0/3] new args [-dirname | -basename] [--] [REGEXP] to info sources
- From: Philippe Waroquiers <philippe dot waroquiers at skynet dot be>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 21:51:17 +0200
- Subject: PING Re: [RFAv2 0/3] new args [-dirname | -basename] [--] [REGEXP] to info sources
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, 2019-06-16 at 22:38 +0200, Philippe Waroquiers wrote:
> This patch series adds the arguments [-dirname | -basename] [--] [REGEXP] to
> the command "info sources".
> Currently, info sources shows the name of all source files.
> For big programs, the list can be very long, which means the prompt
> to continue kicks in.
> These optional new arguments allow to have a more selective way to print
> the source file names.
> This is the second version of the patch series.
> Compared to the first version:
> * As suggested by Tom, the command now uses the new cli option -OPT
> framework. Options -dirname and -basename are replacing -d and -b.
> * gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/info_sources.exp changed to test the new
> options names, using short or longer parts of the option names.
> * The documentation and NEWS have been updated accordingly.
> The comments given by Eli were also handled.