This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[users/palves/format_strings] Make printf_filtered support the gdb-specific formatters too
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 20:29:17 +0100
- Subject: [users/palves/format_strings] Make printf_filtered support the gdb-specific formatters too
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 7/1/19 6:42 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
>>>>>> "Pedro" == Pedro Alves <email@example.com> writes:
> Pedro> Well, you used printf_filtered the new patches, but that doesn't work
> Pedro> with the new format specifiers, yet. :-)
> Oops. I meant not to do that, but of course made a mistake.
> Pedro> If we want the new new formatters to work with printf_(un)filtered,
> Pedro> the patch below fixes it by making printf_(un)filtered defer to
> Pedro> cli_ui_out::message for format processing, instead of to
> Pedro> string_printf (and thus to vsnprintf). It's maybe a bit roundabout, but
> Pedro> I couldn't think of a better/easier way.
> We should probably do this, just to avoid future mistakes along these
> same lines.
I merged this one to the branch as well.