This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH v3 0/2] Make gdbserver work with filename-only binaries
- From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- To: GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 22:27:06 -0500
- Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] Make gdbserver work with filename-only binaries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
These two patches fix the issue pointed by Simon on IRC, that
gdbserver doesn't recognize filename-only binaries anymore:
$ gdbserver :1234 a.out
/bin/bash: line 0: exec: a.out: not found
During startup program exited with code 127.
The first one is a preparation patch (and can go in independently),
which moves path-manipulation functions from utils.c to a new
common/pathstuff.c, making them available for gdbserver as well.
The second patch is the fix itself.
More details in each message.