This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 3/2] Add some more casts (2/2)
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:25:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/2] Add some more casts (2/2)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150930151607 dot 46D7ADC0 at oc7340732750 dot ibm dot com>
On 15-09-30 11:16 AM, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Simon Marchi wrote:
>> As reported by Ulrich here:
>> The system compiler (gcc 4.1) in Centos 5 doesn't like that we cast to a
>> pointer to a type that doesn't exist. I see no real value in using this
>> kind iof construct over just using void *. So this patch changes the
>> tdep_info field to void * and removes the casts. Even in C++, we
>> should not need an explicit cast when assigning to a void *.
>> * gdbarch.sh (struct gdbarch_info): Change tdep_info's type to void *.
>> * gdbarch.h: Regenerate.
>> * i386-tdep.c (i386_gdbarch_init): Remove cast to
>> struct gdbarch_tdep_info *.
>> * mips-tdep.c (mips_gdbarch_init): Likewise.
>> * ppc-linux-tdep (ppu2spu_sniffer): Likewise.
>> * rs6000-tdep.c (rs6000_gdbarch_init): Likewise.
>> * spu-multiarch.c (spu_gdbarch): Likewise.
> This is OK, thanks!