This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] py-type.exp: Do not run tests if binary fails to build
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 14:56:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] py-type.exp: Do not run tests if binary fails to build
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1443415441-31232-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
On 09/28/2015 05:44 AM, Simon Marchi wrote:
> I noticed this while working on the test case. I believe it would make
> sense to skip running the tests if the binary failed to build. Although
> I would understand the opposite argument: if the binary does not build
> for some reason, we probably want to know about it, and some catastrophic
> failures in the tests might alarm us better than a timid "UNTESTED".
We already do this everywhere else we use prepare_for_testing, etc., though.
> * gdb.python/py-type.exp: Do not run tests if binaries fail to
Looks fine to me with the missing newline:
> + }
> \ No newline at end of file