This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: AIX DWARF debugging sections
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 15:41:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: AIX DWARF debugging sections
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnynk4jNchyUNitvTwD1Tq5t4geJvNTg1ALZsMdRYQx6Etg at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On 25 Sep 2015, at 16:53, David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Initial AIX support for DWARF did not include location lists, debug
> frame, and macinfo. Support was added in a later update.
> xcoffread defines most of the sections -- including some that were
> included later and omitting some that were included in the initial
> Does anyone know why pbtyp and mac are not define?
AFAIK, .debug_pubtypes are not read by gdb.
> I'm not sure if
> AIX .dwamac is macinfo or macro or both.
> Thanks, David
Your patch looks ok to me, but should be approved by
a global maintainer.