This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 6/6] btrace: use gdb_disassembly_vec and new source interleaving method
- From: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- To: Markus Metzger <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- Cc: palves at redhat dot com, dje at google dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 22:48:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/6] btrace: use gdb_disassembly_vec and new source interleaving method
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1442847283-10200-1-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com> <1442847283-10200-7-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
* Markus Metzger <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2015-09-21 16:54:43 +0200]:
> Use the new source interleaving method. We stick to the /m modifier.
> The old version is broken and there's no point in keeping it as alternative
> to this new version.
> /* The to_insn_history method of target record-btrace. */
> diff --git a/gdb/record.c b/gdb/record.c
> index 71ef973..c17b199 100644
> --- a/gdb/record.c
> +++ b/gdb/record.c
> @@ -458,7 +458,7 @@ get_insn_history_modifiers (char **arg)
> switch (*args)
> case 'm':
> - modifiers |= DISASSEMBLY_SOURCE_DEPRECATED;
> + modifiers |= DISASSEMBLY_SOURCE;
> modifiers |= DISASSEMBLY_FILENAME;
> case 'r':
I think that we should make /s the official modifier in order to match
the disassembler modifier.
We should definitely keep /m for backwards compatibility, though I
don't have an issue with it's behaviour changing to match /s. My
concern is more about trying to keep the flags consistent as much as
possible. The change in flags would need a NEWS and manual update.