This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/7] Move some integer operations to common.
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:16:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/7] Move some integer operations to common.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441973603-15247-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <1441973603-15247-3-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <20150911142442 dot GA23515 at blade dot nx> <55F30C55 dot 3080507 at ericsson dot com> <55F31019 dot 1080607 at ericsson dot com> <20150914092453 dot GA26894 at blade dot nx> <55F6E5BC dot 7050006 at ericsson dot com> <20150921091007 dot GA23767 at blade dot nx>
On 09/21/2015 10:10 AM, Gary Benson wrote:
> Hi Antoine, Pedro,
> Antoine Tremblay wrote:
>> So I've made bfd.h a requirement of GDBServer, and when there will
>> be a libgdbcommon we can have the whole lib as a requirement there.
>> See patch v2 in next mail...
> I don't think this will be acceptable. If I understand correctly,
> gdbserver supports some platforms that GDB (and BFD) does not, and
> this patch would prevent gdbserver being built on those platforms.
> Even if I'm wrong here, I've previously found it useful to build
> gdbserver alone, and I think this would break that too.
> Pedro knows more about these kinds of setups, I've copied him in.
(Without looking at the patch in detail),
Gary's right. bfd.h is a generated file, generated at bfd build time.
Anton, try building only gdbserver in a clean directory,
separate from gdb, and it will fail with your patch.