This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [PATCH] btrace, testsuite: fix spurious gdb.btrace/tsx.exp fails
- From: "Metzger, Markus T" <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:12:33 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] btrace, testsuite: fix spurious gdb.btrace/tsx.exp fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1442565363-13628-1-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com> <55FBF91C dot 8070703 at redhat dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email@example.com [mailto:gdb-patches-
> firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Pedro Alves
> Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 1:44 PM
> To: Metzger, Markus T
> Cc: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: [PATCH] btrace, testsuite: fix spurious gdb.btrace/tsx.exp fails
> On 09/18/2015 09:36 AM, Markus Metzger wrote:
> > If the atomic section in x86-tsx.S is aborted,
> When can that happen? Is it normal that the test sees this?
A transaction can be aborted for various reasons. One such reason is an
interrupt, which can happen at any time.
This occurs very infrequently. After I saw this the first time, I had to re-run
the test several dozen times to reproduce it again.
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Prof. Dr. Hermann Eul
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928