This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH v3 12/19] infrun: switch to NO_HISTORY thread
- From: Markus Metzger <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- To: palves at redhat dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 16:09:43 +0200
- Subject: [PATCH v3 12/19] infrun: switch to NO_HISTORY thread
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1442498990-1222-1-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
A thread that runs out of its execution history is stopped. We already set
stop_pc and call stop_waiting. But we do not switch to the stopped thread.
In normal_stop, we call finish_thread_state_cleanup to set a thread's running
state. In all-stop mode, we call it with minus_one_ptid; in non-stop mode, we
only call it for inferior_ptid.
If in non-stop mode normal_stop is called on behalf of a thread that is not
inferior_ptid, that other thread will still be reported as running. If it is
actually stopped it can't be resumed again.
Record targets traditionally don't support non-stop and only resume
inferior_ptid. So this has not been a problem, so far.
Switch to the eventing thread for NO_HISTORY events as preparation to support
non-stop for the record btrace target.
2015-09-17 Markus Metzger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* infrun.c (handle_inferior_event_1): Switch to the eventing thread
in the TARKET_WAITKIND_NO_HISTORY case.
gdb/infrun.c | 8 +++++++-
1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/gdb/infrun.c b/gdb/infrun.c
index 8175fb1..75ac80a 100644
@@ -5126,8 +5126,14 @@ Cannot fill $_exitsignal with the correct signal number.\n"));
fprintf_unfiltered (gdb_stdlog, "infrun: TARGET_WAITKIND_NO_HISTORY\n");
/* Reverse execution: target ran out of history info. */
+ /* Switch to the stopped thread. */
+ if (!ptid_equal (ecs->ptid, inferior_ptid))
+ context_switch (ecs->ptid);
+ if (debug_infrun)
+ fprintf_unfiltered (gdb_stdlog, "infrun: stopped\n");
- stop_pc = regcache_read_pc (get_thread_regcache (ecs->ptid));
+ stop_pc = regcache_read_pc (get_thread_regcache (inferior_ptid));