This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch, testsuite] check for UTF-32 target wide charset support in gdb.base/wchar.exp
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 08:07:46 +0300
- Subject: Re: [patch, testsuite] check for UTF-32 target wide charset support in gdb.base/wchar.exp
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55FA325D dot 1020207 at codesourcery dot com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 21:24:13 -0600
> From: Sandra Loosemore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> If GDB is configured without ICONV support, the target wide charset
> defaults to "ISO-8859-1" (which isn't even a wide charset), and all the
> wide strings in this test print as gibberish. Otherwise, GDB seems to
> think the default is "auto; currently UTF-32", so let's make the
> dependency on UTF-32 explicit here and bail out if it's not available.
Why UTF-32, hard-coded? Why not allow also UTF-16, for example?