This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] [GDBserver] Fix compiling conditional expressions accessing registers
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Pierre Langlois <pierre dot langlois at arm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, uweigand at de dot ibm dot com, cole945 at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:15:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] [GDBserver] Fix compiling conditional expressions accessing registers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441992301-26779-1-git-send-email-pierre dot langlois at arm dot com> <1441992301-26779-2-git-send-email-pierre dot langlois at arm dot com>
Pierre Langlois <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This patch fixes this issue by replacing `gdb_agent_get_raw_reg' with a
> `gdb_agent_get_reg' function which takes the tracepoint context object
> as argument instead of a raw buffer. Additionally, this patch makes
> this function architecture independent by initializing the context's
> regcache early and making `gdb_agent_get_reg' use `collect_register'.
> As a result, the fast tracepoint context object does not need to
> contain the raw register buffer.
The fix looks reasonable to me as it makes no sense to keep two copies
of registers. I go through this patch, and it looks good to me.
This patch invalidates Wei-cheng's patch here
<https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2015-06/msg00587.html> which is
already approved but not committed.
If Ulirch/Wei-cheng have no objections, this patch can go in.