This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[commit] [ppc64le patch v3] Use skip_entrypoint for skip_trampoline_code
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:09:59 +0200
- Subject: [commit] [ppc64le patch v3] Use skip_entrypoint for skip_trampoline_code
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150915165019 dot GA28110 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <20150915165514 dot B37A22209 at oc7340732750 dot ibm dot com>
On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 18:55:14 +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Actually, I thought it was fine to have this just be PowerPC-specific.
> The need to skip entrypoints in skip_trampoline_code is only due to the
> quite PowerPC-specific dynamic linker optimization to redirect the PLT
> slot to the local entry point. I'm not sure if any other target that may
> want to use the skip_entrypoint logic in the future will have the same
> requirement, so it seemed preferable to have that platform-specific.
> In any case, it is probably better to wait with refactoring this into
> common code until such time as there actually *is* a second platform
> that uses skip_entrypoint, so we're clearer about the actual requirements.