This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [obv] [testsuite] i386-biarch-core.exp: Fix comment typo
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:37:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [obv] [testsuite] i386-biarch-core.exp: Fix comment typo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150714175127 dot GA10807 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <55F82526 dot 4020709 at codesourcery dot com> <20150915142233 dot GA22328 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <55F82B63 dot 6010708 at codesourcery dot com> <55F82CB0 dot 9060400 at codesourcery dot com>
On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:35:28 +0200, Luis Machado wrote:
> On 09/15/2015 11:29 AM, Luis Machado wrote:
> >core-file gdb.arch/i386-biarch-core.core
> >gdb/mips-tdep.c:1098: internal-error: bad register size
> >A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
> >further debugging may prove unreliable.^
> >Quit this debugging session? (y or n)
> >FAIL: gdb.arch/i386-biarch-core.exp: core-file (GDB internal error)
> The lines are a bit off, but basically we end up hitting the internal error
> at mips-tdep.c:mips_pseudo_register_read. I don't think the MIPS backend is
> currently crafted to handle reading unknown register blocks.
Then it is a mips-tdep.c bug similar to this i386-tdep.c bug:
In general GDB should not crash when you let it read an arbitrary file.
If you want I can file it as a new MIPS-specific PR and KFAIL it.