This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [obv] [testsuite] i386-biarch-core.exp: Fix comment typo
- From: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>, Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 11:35:28 -0300
- Subject: Re: [obv] [testsuite] i386-biarch-core.exp: Fix comment typo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150714175127 dot GA10807 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <55F82526 dot 4020709 at codesourcery dot com> <20150915142233 dot GA22328 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <55F82B63 dot 6010708 at codesourcery dot com>
- Reply-to: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
On 09/15/2015 11:29 AM, Luis Machado wrote:
On 09/15/2015 11:22 AM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:03:18 +0200, Luis Machado wrote:
I noticed this test is running for MIPS (and probably other non-i386
targets). Was it really your intention to have this test execute on
Yes, it was the intention (not in every configuration - depending on what
secondary targets are supported on that host).
We were discussing it in the thread:
I have verified now that on ppc64-rhel-7.1 it PASSes. I do not have MIPS
handy, though. Could you at least post your MIPS gdb.log?
I'm seeing this:
gdb/mips-tdep.c:1098: internal-error: bad register size
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.^
Quit this debugging session? (y or n)
FAIL: gdb.arch/i386-biarch-core.exp: core-file (GDB internal error)
The lines are a bit off, but basically we end up hitting the internal
error at mips-tdep.c:mips_pseudo_register_read. I don't think the MIPS
backend is currently crafted to handle reading unknown register blocks.