This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/7] Support tracepoints and software breakpoints on ARM aarch32-linux in GDBServer.
- From: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 10:07:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/7] Support tracepoints and software breakpoints on ARM aarch32-linux in GDBServer.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441973603-15247-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <867fnt5lz4 dot fsf at gmail dot com> <55F6CA63 dot 5000001 at ericsson dot com> <86bnd33ho3 dot fsf at gmail dot com>
On 09/15/2015 10:01 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
Antoine Tremblay <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Yes I could separate the two, my main reason to go with them both was
that I could not test the breakpoints if I did not have software
I'll separate them.
This patchset teaches this to GDBServer and enables support for
Support tracepoint on ARM (with software single step in GDBserver side)
can be the third part.
This is already a separate patch, namely 7/7.
Patch 7/7 does more than supporting tracepoint. Tracepoint support
should be done in one patch, and this patch is only about tracepoint support.
Right I can separate the software breakpoint.
Did you meant to create a patchset for it ?
I guess I could separate the patch in maybe 2 or 3 but isn't it better
to keep it inside the patchset otherwise we will have to sync 3
patchsets versions since they depend on each other ?
How about starting from software breakpoint on ARM-linux GDBserver? It
doesn't depends on tracepoints. After this patch set is reviewed and
committed, you can post tracepoint patch set.
Alright that can be done.