This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/7] Support tracepoints and software breakpoints on ARM aarch32-linux in GDBServer.
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:01:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/7] Support tracepoints and software breakpoints on ARM aarch32-linux in GDBServer.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441973603-15247-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <867fnt5lz4 dot fsf at gmail dot com> <55F6CA63 dot 5000001 at ericsson dot com>
Antoine Tremblay <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Yes I could separate the two, my main reason to go with them both was
> that I could not test the breakpoints if I did not have software
> single step.
> I'll separate them.
>>> This patchset teaches this to GDBServer and enables support for
>>> tracepoints and
>>> software breakpoints.
>> Support tracepoint on ARM (with software single step in GDBserver side)
>> can be the third part.
> This is already a separate patch, namely 7/7.
Patch 7/7 does more than supporting tracepoint. Tracepoint support
should be done in one patch, and this patch is only about tracepoint support.
> Did you meant to create a patchset for it ?
> I guess I could separate the patch in maybe 2 or 3 but isn't it better
> to keep it inside the patchset otherwise we will have to sync 3
> patchsets versions since they depend on each other ?
How about starting from software breakpoint on ARM-linux GDBserver? It
doesn't depends on tracepoints. After this patch set is reviewed and
committed, you can post tracepoint patch set.