This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Fix BZ15121 -- x/a broken for addresses in shared libraries
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches ml <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 22:56:23 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix BZ15121 -- x/a broken for addresses in shared libraries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobP+FH-rRO-HYOFgu0QrfHwgteeu_ufawVDL9zeyef7h7g at mail dot gmail dot com> <55F19100 dot 30600 at redhat dot com> <201509101433 dot t8AEX5Cw008716 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl> <alpine dot LFD dot 2 dot 20 dot 1509101537530 dot 10647 at eddie dot linux-mips dot org> <CALoOobN28HoEcX0=+PmxCO8qvprD5BqnFWonR78AbfmURC7s5A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sat, 12 Sep 2015, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> > Indeed. Use `bfd_get_sign_extend_vma' to determine.
> For the life of me, I can't figure out how I can get the bfd in the
> context of do_examine().
If it's not reachable in this context, then you may have to figure it out
earlier on and store in `gdbarch'.