This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [PATCH] btrace, test: remove buffer-size test with unlimited buffer size
- From: "Metzger, Markus T" <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:18:34 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] btrace, test: remove buffer-size test with unlimited buffer size
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441962171-20975-1-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com> <55F29BAB dot 8020808 at redhat dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pedro Alves [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 11:15 AM
> To: Metzger, Markus T
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: [PATCH] btrace, test: remove buffer-size test with unlimited
> buffer size
> On 09/11/2015 10:02 AM, Markus Metzger wrote:
> > The gdb.btrace/buffer-size.exp test starts recording with an unlimited
> > buffer size. This will, for a short time, use up most if not all BTS
> > resources.
> > I don' think this test is necessary. Remove it.
> Fine with me.
> Note you don't really need approval to push this in.
Nice. But we still want patches to be reviewed, don't we?
Or does this fall under the obvious rule?
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Prof. Dr. Hermann Eul
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928