This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [PATCH v2 00/17] record btrace: non-stop and ASNS
- From: "Metzger, Markus T" <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 08:02:04 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH v2 00/17] record btrace: non-stop and ASNS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441954298-25298-1-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com> <55F28939 dot 5070305 at redhat dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:gdb-patches-
> email@example.com] On Behalf Of Pedro Alves
> Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 9:57 AM
> To: Metzger, Markus T
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/17] record btrace: non-stop and ASNS
> On 09/11/2015 07:51 AM, Markus Metzger wrote:
> > Changes to v1:
> > - reworked non-stop test
> > - changed the error string when trying to store registers while replaying
> > - fixed all-stop/non-stop confusion in comments
> > This patch series adds support for non-stop mode to the record btrace
> > and prepares for all-stop on top of non-stop (ASNS).
> > It adds a new scheduler-locking mode "reverse" for the current record
> > behaviour of scheduler-locking during reverse/replay execution.
> > I tested this with the current all-stop and with Pedro's ASNS (by reverting
> > his disable patch).
> > The patch series can also be found on branch users/mmetzger/btrace-non-
> Thanks Markus. The core changes are OK. The btrace changes all LGTM too.
> Excellent work.
Eli suggested a different wording for the new scheduler-locking mode. I'm
waiting a bit for further comments on this patch or for reactions on Eli's
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Prof. Dr. Hermann Eul
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928