This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2 17/17] infrun: scheduler-locking reverse
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Markus Metzger <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- Cc: palves at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:00:53 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 17/17] infrun: scheduler-locking reverse
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441954298-25298-1-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com> <1441954298-25298-18-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> From: Markus Metzger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: email@example.com, Eli Zaretskii <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 08:51:38 +0200
> Record targets behave as if scheduler-locking were on during replay/reverse
> execution. Add a new scheduler-locking option "reverse" to make this implicit
> behaviour explicit. It behaves like "on" during reverse/replay execution and
> like "off" during normal execution.
I suggest to call this value "replay" instead. "Reverse" has other
meanings that can interfere with its mnemonic value.
> 2015-09-11 Markus Metzger <email@example.com>
> * NEWS: Announce new scheduler-locking mode.
> * infrun.c (schedlock_reverse): New.
> (scheduler_enums): Add schedlock_reverse.
> (scheduler_mode): Change default to schedlock_reverse.
> (user_visible_resume_ptid): Handle schedlock_reverse.
> (clear_proceed_status_thread): Stop replaying if resumed thread is
> not replaying.
> (schedlock_applies): Handle schedlock_reverse.
> (_initialize_infrun): Document new scheduler-locking mode.
> * record-btrace.c (record_btrace_resume): Remove code to stop other
> threads when not replaying the resumed thread.
> * gdb.texinfo (All-Stop Mode): Describe new scheduler-locking mode.
OK for the documentation parts.