This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Racy failures on gdb.base/gdbinit-history.exp (native-extended-gdbserver/-m64)
- From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Patrick Palka <patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx>, "gdb-patches\ at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:30:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Racy failures on gdb.base/gdbinit-history.exp (native-extended-gdbserver/-m64)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1433878062-23560-1-git-send-email-patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx> <1434466413-28892-1-git-send-email-patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx> <87mvym67i5 dot fsf_-_ at redhat dot com> <CA+C-WL-Ujsn1ccGNS-wD=RUdbJF1DcGxVYSLU6ubcGThdCQXYg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87zj1un7ro dot fsf at redhat dot com> <55CD27AE dot 2090002 at redhat dot com> <CA+C-WL_RNgONqtRRgzdiCJm0UF0278uKs82LLK43b6c12MKBJQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+C-WL-CEpAHZr_aVx+ReoX_rEk=4qfoHYckJo7Ldv4fZm5A5Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <55D1E991 dot 9080504 at redhat dot com> <CA+C-WL_bXQgTiiTmPE6=JNGOvB=AcSqbkdBpaETL5eWAdcfLOw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+C-WL9zL3i_j573K03GCTvE9EkJzh_HDx-Fx=3L5Pn=-NPwpw at mail dot gmail dot com> <55F18922 dot 3070202 at redhat dot com>
On Thursday, September 10 2015, Pedro Alves wrote:
> On 08/18/2015 12:29 AM, Patrick Palka wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Patrick Palka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wro
>>> But I just locally installed dejagnu from git, and have had the above
>>> command running for about 30 minutes (after confirming that my local
>>> copy, not system copy, of dejagnu is being used by the testsuite), and
>>> fortunately, I could no longer reproduce these FAILs. So it seems
>>> that your changes to dejagnu fixed this spurious FAIL as well. I'll
>>> let it keep spinning though, just in case.
>> Anyway, with dejagnu from git I could no longer reproduce these FAILs
>> after 3 straight hours of repeatedly running the test.
> (almost a month passed somehow, but ...) Hurray!
Cool. The Fedora buildslaves will update automatically as soon as this
version leaves updates-testing.
> The DejaGnu patch has been backported to Fedora 21-23 meanwhile, so hopefully
> these issues will start to fade away. Someone might want to contact the
> debian / ubuntu dejagnu maintainers to do the same.
I can do that.
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF 31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36
Please send encrypted e-mail if possible