This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Fix BZ15121 -- x/a broken for addresses in shared libraries
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, gdb-patches ml <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:19:25 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix BZ15121 -- x/a broken for addresses in shared libraries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobP+FH-rRO-HYOFgu0QrfHwgteeu_ufawVDL9zeyef7h7g at mail dot gmail dot com> <55F19100 dot 30600 at redhat dot com> <201509101433 dot t8AEX5Cw008716 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl> <CALoOobPcZOgjJ6F2Ufc72y5ZQ+OfiY-xru5B-B4jkAG_qswtow at mail dot gmail dot com> <55F19CC3 dot 8080001 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 10 Sep 2015, Pedro Alves wrote:
> > I can't imagine any reason why (upper levels of) 64-bit GDB would need
> > to be lied to that the 32-bit inferior's 0x80000004 pointer has
> > CORE_ADDR value of 0xFFFFFFFF80000004.
> MIPS has signed addresses, at the hardware level. Thus a 32-bit ABI on
> a 64-bit machine ends up seeing with sign-extended addresses.
SH seems to be the same.