This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Racy failures on gdb.base/gdbinit-history.exp (native-extended-gdbserver/-m64)
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Patrick Palka <patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx>
- Cc: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:44:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: Racy failures on gdb.base/gdbinit-history.exp (native-extended-gdbserver/-m64)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1433878062-23560-1-git-send-email-patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx> <1434466413-28892-1-git-send-email-patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx> <87mvym67i5 dot fsf_-_ at redhat dot com> <CA+C-WL-Ujsn1ccGNS-wD=RUdbJF1DcGxVYSLU6ubcGThdCQXYg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87zj1un7ro dot fsf at redhat dot com> <55CD27AE dot 2090002 at redhat dot com> <CA+C-WL_RNgONqtRRgzdiCJm0UF0278uKs82LLK43b6c12MKBJQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+C-WL-CEpAHZr_aVx+ReoX_rEk=4qfoHYckJo7Ldv4fZm5A5Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <55D1E991 dot 9080504 at redhat dot com> <CA+C-WL_bXQgTiiTmPE6=JNGOvB=AcSqbkdBpaETL5eWAdcfLOw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+C-WL9zL3i_j573K03GCTvE9EkJzh_HDx-Fx=3L5Pn=-NPwpw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 08/18/2015 12:29 AM, Patrick Palka wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Patrick Palka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wro
>> But I just locally installed dejagnu from git, and have had the above
>> command running for about 30 minutes (after confirming that my local
>> copy, not system copy, of dejagnu is being used by the testsuite), and
>> fortunately, I could no longer reproduce these FAILs. So it seems
>> that your changes to dejagnu fixed this spurious FAIL as well. I'll
>> let it keep spinning though, just in case.
> Anyway, with dejagnu from git I could no longer reproduce these FAILs
> after 3 straight hours of repeatedly running the test.
(almost a month passed somehow, but ...) Hurray!
The DejaGnu patch has been backported to Fedora 21-23 meanwhile, so hopefully
these issues will start to fade away. Someone might want to contact the
debian / ubuntu dejagnu maintainers to do the same.