This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not pass NULL for the string in catch_errors
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:16:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not pass NULL for the string in catch_errors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441809933-9612-1-git-send-email-lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
On 09/09/2015 03:45 PM, Luis Machado wrote:
> I caught a segmentation fault while running gdb.reverse/sigall-reverse.exp,
> in a mingw32 GDB, in this code path. It boils down to the code trying to
> strlen () a NULL pointer. I tracked things down and it looks like
> record_full_message_wrapper_safe is the only occurrence.
> We could also change catch_errors to check the char pointer and pass the
> empty string automatically if the pointer is NULL. Then again, it seems like
> catch_errors is going away at any time now, being potentially replaced
> with catch_exceptions.
It's been marked superseded for years. If you had fixed this by
converting this one instance, we'd be a little closer. ;-)
> For now, though, the attach fix seems to accomplish the job.
> Does that look reasonable?
> 2015-09-09 Luis Machado <email@example.com>
> * record-full.c (record_full_message_wrapper_safe): Do not pass
> NULL to string parameter in catch_errors.