This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [PATCH 13/17] btrace: non-stop
- From: "Metzger, Markus T" <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:19:00 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH 13/17] btrace: non-stop
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441794909-32718-1-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com> <1441794909-32718-14-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com> <55F01DEC dot 4030209 at redhat dot com> <A78C989F6D9628469189715575E55B23331AB7A1 at IRSMSX104 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <55F03852 dot 7030200 at redhat dot com> <A78C989F6D9628469189715575E55B23331AB873 at IRSMSX104 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <55F04765 dot 9020206 at redhat dot com> <A78C989F6D9628469189715575E55B23331ACADF at IRSMSX104 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <55F163DD dot 4050809 at redhat dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pedro Alves [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 1:05 PM
> To: Metzger, Markus T
> Cc: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: [PATCH 13/17] btrace: non-stop
> On 09/10/2015 08:47 AM, Metzger, Markus T wrote:
> > That seems to be the case. I'm still getting the error I'm checking for before
> > the prompt, though, and my test will run into a timeout.
> > thread apply all reverse-stepi 4 &
> > Thread 2 (Thread 0x7ffff74fb700 (LWP 70895)):
> > Thread 1 (Thread 0x7ffff7fcc740 (LWP 70891)):
> > Cannot execute this command while the selected thread is running.
> > (gdb) PASS: gdb.btrace/non-stop.exp: reverse-step: all: thread apply
> all reverse-stepi 4: prompt
> > 0x0000000000400671 28 for (; i < 10; ++i) global += i; /* loop */
> > PASS: gdb.btrace/non-stop.exp: reverse-step: all: thread apply all
> reverse-stepi 4: thread 0
> > FAIL: gdb.btrace/non-stop.exp: reverse-step: all: thread apply all
> reverse-stepi 4: thread 1 (timeout)
> > A failing run might take a bit longer, but that should be it.
> Odd. I'm running the test now for over 20 minutes, and it doesn't ever fail.
> Before I ran it against gdbserver for 10 minutes, never failed.
> This is with an i7-2620M; I hacked linux-btrace.c:intel_supports_bts to
> enable btrace.
I reverted one of the patches to trigger the error. I wanted to see if
the test catches it. The full series should run without error, of course.
This was meant to demonstrate that the error message precedes the
> This looks good to me. The comments above gdb_cont_to are stale though.
Thanks. Will update.
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Prof. Dr. Hermann Eul
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928