This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH] Do not pass NULL for the string in catch_errors
- From: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 11:45:33 -0300
- Subject: [PATCH] Do not pass NULL for the string in catch_errors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I caught a segmentation fault while running gdb.reverse/sigall-reverse.exp,
in a mingw32 GDB, in this code path. It boils down to the code trying to
strlen () a NULL pointer. I tracked things down and it looks like
record_full_message_wrapper_safe is the only occurrence.
We could also change catch_errors to check the char pointer and pass the
empty string automatically if the pointer is NULL. Then again, it seems like
catch_errors is going away at any time now, being potentially replaced
For now, though, the attach fix seems to accomplish the job.
Does that look reasonable?
2015-09-09 Luis Machado <email@example.com>
* record-full.c (record_full_message_wrapper_safe): Do not pass
NULL to string parameter in catch_errors.
gdb/record-full.c | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/gdb/record-full.c b/gdb/record-full.c
index 06bfdb8..15941c6 100644
@@ -666,7 +666,7 @@ record_full_message_wrapper_safe (struct regcache *regcache,
args.regcache = regcache;
args.signal = signal;
- return catch_errors (record_full_message_wrapper, &args, NULL,
+ return catch_errors (record_full_message_wrapper, &args, "",