This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] [PR python/18938] source -s foo.py with foo.py a symlink to foo.notpy fails
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:37:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [PR python/18938] source -s foo.py with foo.py a symlink to foo.notpy fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <001a1136b5ce89b092051f432146 at google dot com>
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch fixes 18938.
> If one has foo.py as a symlink to foo.notpy, then "source -s foo.py"
> will fail because gdb will try to interpret the extension language
> from the realpath'd form of the file.
> 2015-09-08 Doug Evans <email@example.com>
> PR python/18938
> * cli/cli-cmds (source_script_fron_sctream): New arg file_to_open.
> All callers updated.
btw, missing c/l entry for python.exp already fixed in my sandbox. :-)