This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] [gdbserver] Rename supports_conditional_breakpoints to supports_hardware_single_step
- From: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 15:01:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] [gdbserver] Rename supports_conditional_breakpoints to supports_hardware_single_step
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441096915-23615-1-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org> <1441096915-23615-2-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org> <55E74C68 dot 8020608 at ericsson dot com> <86fv2p6kyw dot fsf at gmail dot com>
On 09/08/2015 10:31 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
Antoine Tremblay <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Could we generalize this even more to supports_single_step like your
next patch ?
I am not sure.
Since I'm working on software single stepping for ARM, if this patch
goes in I'll need to implement a supports_software_single_step and
enable ConditionalBreakpoints for this case too...
Nowadays, GDBserver only support conditional breakpoint for HW single
step target. Whether GDBserver support conditional breakpoint for SW
single step target is a separate issue, and we can decide this once we
have SW single step in GDBserver.
Alright then, I'll base my patchset based on your patch and most likely
add a supports_software_single_step, if it's in by the time I post most
likely later this week...
I believe GDBserver can compute the next instruction of $PC for SW
single step, but GDBserver execution control (target independent part)
will be more complicated if SW single step is involved in.
Execution control for software single step is already present in
GDBServer and working fine as far as I know...?