This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] [gdbserver] Rename supports_conditional_breakpoints to supports_hardware_single_step
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 15:31:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] [gdbserver] Rename supports_conditional_breakpoints to supports_hardware_single_step
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441096915-23615-1-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org> <1441096915-23615-2-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org> <55E74C68 dot 8020608 at ericsson dot com>
Antoine Tremblay <email@example.com> writes:
> Could we generalize this even more to supports_single_step like your
> next patch ?
I am not sure.
> Since I'm working on software single stepping for ARM, if this patch
> goes in I'll need to implement a supports_software_single_step and
> enable ConditionalBreakpoints for this case too...
Nowadays, GDBserver only support conditional breakpoint for HW single
step target. Whether GDBserver support conditional breakpoint for SW
single step target is a separate issue, and we can decide this once we
have SW single step in GDBserver.
I believe GDBserver can compute the next instruction of $PC for SW
single step, but GDBserver execution control (target independent part)
will be more complicated if SW single step is involved in.