This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Add proper handling for non-local references in nested functions
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Pierre-Marie de Rodat <derodat at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>, Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 05:40:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add proper handling for non-local references in nested functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55775EB0 dot 4080701 at adacore dot com> <55AF5F7E dot 5000600 at adacore dot com> <20150722173957 dot 7ed51f18 at pinnacle dot lan> <55B0C583 dot 6050601 at adacore dot com> <m3380azmij dot fsf at sspiff dot org> <55BB538B dot 7090104 at adacore dot com> <m3mvxt5eb5 dot fsf at sspiff dot org> <55D1E2B5 dot 4000200 at adacore dot com> <20150902234947 dot GA575 at adacore dot com> <55E7F741 dot 70400 at adacore dot com>
> Thank you very much for the investigation and the fix!
You are welcome.
> >As also mentioned in the revision log of the patch, we can probably
> >do some refactoring, or perhaps a different API in the vector that
> >just extracts the needed data (per_cu, at the moment) from symbol's
> >SYMBOL_LOCATION_BATON. Then, instead of calling the method to get
> >the function frame_base, you have a function that gets it by using
> >that different symbol_block_ops function.
> I will give it a try and submit a patch but indeed, let's first do fix the
> crash first.
Doug will probably be the person reviewing the change. If it gets
approved while I am away, would you mind pushing it for me?