This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Add proper handling for non-local references in nested functions
- From: Pierre-Marie de Rodat <derodat at adacore dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>, Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 09:31:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add proper handling for non-local references in nested functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <550C1170 dot 9070208 at adacore dot com> <55685B60 dot 3000004 at redhat dot com> <55775EB0 dot 4080701 at adacore dot com> <55AF5F7E dot 5000600 at adacore dot com> <20150722173957 dot 7ed51f18 at pinnacle dot lan> <55B0C583 dot 6050601 at adacore dot com> <m3380azmij dot fsf at sspiff dot org> <55BB538B dot 7090104 at adacore dot com> <m3mvxt5eb5 dot fsf at sspiff dot org> <55D1E2B5 dot 4000200 at adacore dot com> <20150902234947 dot GA575 at adacore dot com>
On 09/03/2015 01:49 AM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
This patch is causing a crash on some platforms, as explained by
the revision log of the attached patch.
Thank you very much for the investigation and the fix!
As also mentioned in the revision log of the patch, we can probably
do some refactoring, or perhaps a different API in the vector that
just extracts the needed data (per_cu, at the moment) from symbol's
SYMBOL_LOCATION_BATON. Then, instead of calling the method to get
the function frame_base, you have a function that gets it by using
that different symbol_block_ops function.
I will give it a try and submit a patch but indeed, let's first do fix
the crash first.
Pierre-Marie de Rodat