This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] [gdbserver] Rename supports_conditional_breakpoints to supports_hardware_single_step
- From: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 15:22:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] [gdbserver] Rename supports_conditional_breakpoints to supports_hardware_single_step
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441096915-23615-1-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org> <1441096915-23615-2-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org>
On 09/01/2015 04:41 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
In my patch https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2015-04/msg01110.html
a new target_ops hook supports_conditional_breakpoints was added to
disable conditional breakpoints if target doesn't have hardware single
step. This patch is to generalize this hook from
supports_conditional_breakpoints to supports_hardware_single_step,
so that the following patch can use it.
Could we generalize this even more to supports_single_step like your
next patch ?
Since I'm working on software single stepping for ARM, if this patch
goes in I'll need to implement a supports_software_single_step and
enable ConditionalBreakpoints for this case too...
Is there a need to know that it's really hardware or just knowing that
it can single step would be ok ?