This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v12 00/32] Validate binary before use
- From: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 07:58:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v12 00/32] Validate binary before use
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150821212006 dot 6673 dot 35100 dot stgit at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <CADPb22SaGgC15w0C42TzYJK=02i0=jkPw6BJk3UrHSG1n-UZVQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150902074113 dot GA32556 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net>
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:41 AM, Jan Kratochvil
> On Wed, 02 Sep 2015 05:56:48 +0200, Doug Evans wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > It does not support build-ids from linux-nat and core files (as Fedora GDB
>> > supports). It also does not ask librpm for debuginfo-install suggestions.
>> Which Fedora patches support build-ids in core files?
> The primary patch from 2007 is:
> But there are related all the gdb-6.6-buildid-locate*.patch files in:
> That means on Fedora people can do what newbie users expect to work, that is:
> gdb core.34523
> and GDB finds and loads all the needed executable + shared libraries (and it
> does not load non-matching shared libraries which only confuse the
Is there a patch that given "gdb random-program random-core"
will verify the build-ids match?