This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Should this be on the blocker list for the 7.10 release?
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- To: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 16:26:42 -0400
- Subject: Should this be on the blocker list for the 7.10 release?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I filed this bug recently:
In short, gdb sometimes leaves stopped newly spawned threads created by a
fork child. The "sometimes" happens quite often, so it's very easy to
reproduce. This has the effect of leaving (part) of your program stopped
while you expect it to be running. "info threads" shows the threads as
running while in reality they aren't.
Is this bug serious enough to be on the blocking list for 7.10? I would
think so, as it's a regression compared to 7.9. However, I don't want
to impose work on anybody (e.g. Pedro, or anybody else familiar with the
linux-nat subsystem), which is why I am asking. I am willing to put time
on this, but the chances of me successfully fixing the bug are quite slim.