This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] doc of pre-defined or builtin trace state variables
- From: David Taylor <dtaylor at usendtaylorx2l dot lss dot emc dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 12:15:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc of pre-defined or builtin trace state variables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2301 dot 1423756145 at usendtaylorx2l> <83fvab5bqw dot fsf at gnu dot org>
Eli Zaretskii <email@example.com> wrote:
> > From: David Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:49:05 -0500
> > Our tracepoint users want certain capabilities for which 'pre-defined' or
> > 'builtin' trace state variables seem like they would be a good fit. So,
> > I started looking into what it would take to modify both GDB and our GDB
> > stub to support them.
> > Imagine my surprise to discover that GDB already supports them, but it
> > is not documented!
> > Here's a patch. The pdf, html, and info targets build without
> > complaint. The modified paragraph in the pdf file looks okay.
> > gdb/doc/ChangeLog:
> > 2015-02-12 David Taylor <email@example.com>
> > * gdb.texinfo (Tracepoint Packets): Document the builtin and name
> > fields of the QTDV packet.
> Thanks, this is OK.
Thanks. Will someone commit it for me? (I don't have commit privs.)