This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
pushed: DWARF - support for arrays whose bound is a discriminant
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:12:31 +0400
- Subject: pushed: DWARF - support for arrays whose bound is a discriminant
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1421315996-22616-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com>
> This patch series enhances the debugger to properly handle the case
> where an array is declared inside a record, and some of its bounds
> are a discriminant. Eg:
> type Array_Type is array (Integer range <>) of Integer;
> type Record_Type (N : Integer) is record
> A : Array_Type (1 .. N);
> end record;
> We already properly support these kinds of objects in Ada, but
> only through the use of GNAT-specific encodings. What this set
> of patches does is add support from pure-DWARF constructs, with
> the intent of slowly phasing out those encodings.
Retested today, and then pushed to master...