This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
DWARF - support for arrays whose bound is a discriminant
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:59:53 +0400
- Subject: DWARF - support for arrays whose bound is a discriminant
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This patch series enhances the debugger to properly handle the case
where an array is declared inside a record, and some of its bounds
are a discriminant. Eg:
type Array_Type is array (Integer range <>) of Integer;
type Record_Type (N : Integer) is record
A : Array_Type (1 .. N);
We already properly support these kinds of objects in Ada, but
only through the use of GNAT-specific encodings. What this set
of patches does is add support from pure-DWARF constructs, with
the intent of slowly phasing out those encodings.
Patch #1 & #2 are only prep-patches making sense on their own,
which plug some holes that patch #3 uncover. The testcase for
patch #1 is the same as for patch #3.
Each patch has been tested individually on x86_64-linux, with