This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 02/15] Remove some GDBSERVER checks from linux-ptrace
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: "Breazeal, Don" <donb at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 19:20:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 02/15] Remove some GDBSERVER checks from linux-ptrace
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1404902255-11101-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com> <1404902255-11101-3-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com> <53BD7B6C dot 8030205 at codesourcery dot com>
Breazeal, Don wrote:
> On 7/9/2014 3:37 AM, Gary Benson wrote:
> > This patch removes some GDBSERVER checks from nat/linux-ptrace.c.
> > Currently the code uses a compile-time check to decide whether
> > some flags should be used. This changes the code to instead let
> > users of the module specify an additional set of flags; and then
> > changes gdb's linux-nat.c to call this function. At some later
> > date, when the back ends are fully merged, we will be able to
> > remove this function again.
> I just want to point out that I'm doing something similar as part
> of my work on follow-fork for extended remote, based on Tom's
> suggestion here:
> In my case it adds "base" options and the capability to set the
> ptrace options to the "additional" options at the caller's
> discretion, such as when gdbserver receives the enable-extended-mode
> packet. So, no objection, just wanted to let you know that I hope
> to submit somewhat different changes to the same code soon.
The patch I posted is basically an updated version of the patch Tom
posted there--the only change IIRC is that linux-ptrace.c is now in
"nat" rather than "common".
Do you need me to change anything about this parch, or is it ok for
you to work with?