This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH 0/4] make probes independent of the program space
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 12:46:55 -0700
- Subject: [PATCH 0/4] make probes independent of the program space
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This patch series changes SystemTap probes to be independent of the
program space, and then to be stored in the per-BFD object. That way,
they can be shared by all objfiles referring to a given BFD. This
saves memory and perhaps a bit of time, in the multi-inferior case.
This is based on my similar patch series to make minimal symbols
independent of the program space:
This is part of the obj file splitting project:
I built and regtested the series on x86-64 Fedora 18.